Aging is a natural process which cannot be defied. But, with new medical treatments and procedures, you can hide your aging lines and look younger instantly. With a wide range of skin treatments available to reverse your aging signs, it gets extremely essential to first know which treatment would suit you right. Here is a detailed description about aging and dermal fillers that help treat the aging process.
As we age, our skin starts to lose collagen and its fat content. However, the process also depends on a few other factors apart from aging, including sun exposure, poor diet, smoking, pollution, etc. So, if you naturally want a beautiful and healthy skin, its best to stay away from these factors and eat healthy food regularly. Otherwise, dermal fillers are always present as a solution to fight aging.
Dermal fillers are youth restoration injections that are pricked on the face of the patient to give them a younger appearance. They are non-surgical treatments with a faster recovery period and no pain unlike the surgical processes such as face lifts.
The process helps smooth the skin folds and wrinkles on your face, making you look several years younger instantly. They are more widely used for:
- Reducing or eliminating wrinkles
- Reducing scars
- Enhancing lips
- Enhancing the facial contours
Types of Dermal Fillers
Dermal Fillers are one of the best options for treating your age lines associated with your face. Also, with the wide variety of dermal fillers available today, it gets easier for people to choose the best one.
- Hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers. The Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are the most popularly used type of dermal fillers. The filler is based on a sugar that is found naturally in our skin. The filler binds with water molecules under the skin and smoothes the folds, wrinkles, scars and plump lips. The effect of this dermal filler lasts for almost 4 to 6 months.There are further different types of HA dermal fillers namely, the Juvederm, Belotero and the Restylane Voluma.
- Poly-L-Lactic AcidThe Poly-L-Lactic Acid based dermal filler is more widely used to correct the nasolabial folds such as the smile lines, contour deficiencies and also the facial wrinkles. The filler works in two ways, filling the wrinkles and folds in the skin, and also by stimulating the body to manufacture more collagen in the underlying tissue.
- Calcium based MicrospheresThe Calcium based microspheres based dermal filler is one of the safest fillers used to treat wrinkles and aging lines. This FDA approved method helps restore the natural and youthful look of the skin. The treatment rebuilds your skin’s foundation, restores its youthful features and hence, makes you look years younger instantly. The process is used to treat larger areas of the face in just sitting.
How the process works?
The process begins by numbing your facial skin using a local anesthetic cream. Once the skin is numb, the dermal fillers are injected into the skin layers and folds to plump the skin and give it a youthful look. The treatment can be performed on:
- Frown lines
- Laughter lines
- Marionette lines
- Smokers line
- Augment jawline
- Build the volume in the cheeks, lips, chin and nose
- Hollowness in the area around the eyes
Needle pricks can cause a little bleeding or redness in the area. This redness and swelling may last for a week or maximum two. In very rare conditions, discoloration may occur wherein you should immediately consult your doctor for advice.
The cost of a dermal filling depends on the skill of the doctor, location, facilities provided, brand and the thickness of the filler. it may vary anywhere from $480 to $700.