With appearances and looks becoming extremely important for people these days, cosmetic therapies like liposuction have gained a lot of attention. After all, almost everyone, including you and me want to look decent, if not perfect! Don’t we? But is liposuction the answer to having a toned look and getting rid of the excessive fat? Well, not really. Liposuction is just a therapy that helps remove the excess fat from parts of your body after a successful diet and exercise regime. The treatment helps remove the excess skin and fat from the area, giving your body an even look, instead of the flab drooling out from the sides of your body.
Here are some of the pros and cons of liposuction that have been mentioned by medical experts who perform the procedure on patients. Read them carefully and only then decide if you want to go through the process or not.
Pros of Liposuction
- Your body gets the perfect shape needed.
- Liposuction completely removes the excess fat cells form the body which otherwise in dieting and exercises doesn’t happen. As a result, after liposuction, your body will never have the extra fat cells and help you to maintain your look for a longer time.
- The surgery procedure is simple and safe. It is done under general anesthesia and hence, you will suffer no pain during the procedure.
- You may need 1 or 2 days of rest after the treatment. But soon after that you can get back to your mobile life. However, if a larger amount of fat has been removed, the recovery period may be longer than mentioned above.
- Soon after the procedure, the results are visible. Usually, most weight loss treatments take a long time to show the results. But with liposuction, you can see the results in just 2 weeks time.
- Once you have undergone the process of liposuction, you will lose two third of your extra weight in just 2 year’s time.
- Also, diseases related to weight, such as obesity, diabetes, blood pressure, joint pain, etc. will all improve after liposuction.
- Chances of having cardiovascular problems including heart attack is also reduced.
- Your lifespan also increases after liposuction. The main reason being that you live a healthy life with not much fat or cholesterol in the body.
- And yes, it boosts your confidence level to a great extent, making you feel better from within.
Cons of Liposuction
- Not everyone is a suitable candidate for liposuction. You will have to prove that exercise regimes and dieting didn’t provide you desired results in losing weight.
- The result of the surgery is usually achieved in just 2 weeks time. But, there are cases where the result was achieved almost a year after the liposuction process was performed.
- The procedure leaves back scars on your skin which may not fade away easily with time.
- Liposuction is a fast procedure, but the recovery period may take time. Doctors usually ask you to wear a tight-fitting garment to reduce the swelling in the operated area. You may be asked to wear this garment for almost up to 6 months.
- The stitches made by the doctor during the operation are not the one that dissolves with time. They will have to be removed by the doctor after a week of the surgery.
- During the operation, you will receive a lot of fluids as a result, you may feel certain uneasiness and swelling after the surgery.
- After the surgery, you may have to face certain basic side-effects such as vomiting.
- After the surgery, you may suddenly suffer from nutrition deficiency, also known as malabsorptive operation. You may also suffer from anemia if not taken good care.
- Blood clots are also one possibility that may occur after the operation.
- Post liposuction surgery, hernia is a very common condition that many patients suffer from.
Now that you are aware of the pros and cons of liposuction, make your decision wisely. And take good care after the surgery for best results.